Dayngel tagged me in the thing, and I like talking about myself.
- Favorite movie? Do you like it for any particular reason?
PACIFIC RIM; There are so many fantastic things about that movie that’s it’s hard to pick why I like it so much. On an aesthetic level, it’s giant robots fighting giant aliens in the most glorious battles ever. But it’s also about colonialism and solidarity beyond nationality and working together in the face of larger struggles. It shows how strength comes from kindness and compassion and not necessarily giant biceps. It’s just so so so good.
- If u could live anywhere where would it be (it can be fictional)? Preferably somewhere with lots of rain and a high temperature that never exceeds 80 degrees Fahrenheit. So, like, Canada. I really want to live in Denmark for a couple years— and I might get the chance to study abroad there—so that’s an option.
- Do you have a favorite shirt? What’s it look like? My favourite shirt is this really old Death Cab for Cutie shirt I got from my cousin for my birthday a few years ago. I can’t wear it out— it’s full of holes and it’s super faded and the collar is stretched out— but I wear it around the house all the time. The two shirts I wear the most often are my "a woman’s place" shirt and my Great Gatsby shirt.
- What’s the worst phase/stage you went through? I tried really hard to “fit in” during junior high, so I fell in with a crowd of really preppy kids in student government. We weren’t bad, necessarily, but we were all pretty homophobic, racist, misogynistic little shits. I’ve spent most of the time since then unlearning all that problematic behaviour.
- What would u do if you went to the kitchen and Corbin Bleu was going thru your fridge? Something stupid. Probably a lame HSM pun. “Getcha head in the game and outta my fridge” or something equally dumb.
- Bees or spiders? I hate both. I almost cried in front of the kindergarteners I work with because I was in charge of killing the spider at recess today and I was too scared. Bees. I guess.
- What was the first fanfic you read and was it any good? I don’t even remember the first fanfic I read, but I’m sure it was shitty and poorly written. I know that it was Harry Potter, and I found it through mugglenet, but that’s about all I can remember.
- Any allergies? Just the normal springtime “flowers make me sneezy” ones…
- Are you wearing socks? Nope.
- Do you want any tattoos? Yes. Lots. I want the titan Atlas between my shoulder blades helping me carry the weight of the world on my shoulders. I want a bouquet of flowers and a couple lines out of a speech by Harvey Milk on my forearm. I want Orion’s belt (the shape of it) in white ink on my wrist. I want the phrase “You can’t be neutral on a moving train” or a variation of that on one of my feet.
- um whats your fav tv show? I don’t watch tons of tv. I really like Elementary, though. And I may or may not have watched all of House, MD when it was on air and again now that it’s on netflix…
And now, because I’m too lazy to tag people and I don’t want to double tag, these questions are open to everybody.
- What superpower, if you could only pick one to have and you had to factor in logistics, would you want?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Would you rather never be able to cook your own food (not even microwaving frozen pizza!) or never be able to order from a restaurant? Why?
- Which actor should play you in the movie version of your life? Which actor(s) should play your best friend(s)?
- Did you ever get lost or separated from the group as a little kid?
- What did you want to be when you grew up as a ten-year-old? Has that changed?
- Which part of the chocolate bunny do you eat first: the ears, the butt, or a different part?
- What’s one good thing about the worst teacher you’ve ever had?
- If you could, would you be friends with Emma Stone? What about Robert Downey Jr?
- If you could pick the opening credits song to the movie version of your life that you cast in #4, what song would it be?
- Is putting ketchup on your mac’n’cheese gross? Is putting it on eggs gross?